Setting: Wooded area / Estate house
Size: Medium / Large
Description: This is a curious map, Its setting is reminiscent of creek from the COD4 DLC, but it plays very differently. At the southern end of the map is a large, two-storey lodge house, which tends to become the centre piece of every battle (hence the name). It is defensible, but not hard to infiltrate once you know the tricks, and when you’re in it’s easy to create a lot of confusion (smoke grenades help). Outside of the buildings, the map is wooded and encourages long-range combat and a lot of sprinting.
1) Side Entrance: The lodge house has several entrances, most of which will get you killed most of the time. However, come around to the side and you’ll find a pile of logs that create a convenient path up to the second floor. Anyone inside will probably be focused on defending the doors or peering into the distance and looking for heads to snipe, so your surprise attack has a decent chance of wreaking a little havoc. Any way you enter, it’s rarely a bad idea to toss a stun grenade in first.
2) Greenhouse: The greenhouse next to the estate gets a lot of traffic, so it would be wise to lurk around behind it waiting for battles to erupt inside. Running directly through it can be dangerous, but most of the paths to the estate are dangerous, so that’s pretty avoidable
3) Gully: The central gully and path to the house is a popular one, but it can also be well covered by anyone on the second floor of the house. You’ll see a lot of the map’s action in this area, which either means that you’ll avoid it or gravitate to it, depending on how frantic you like your matches.
4) Roof Access: Yet another pile of logs on the back of this shack provides easy access to the roof, where large portions of the map can be covered. If you’re running near the area, remember to glance up in case you’re being scoped out by a prone sniper.
5) The Long Way: This eastern side of the map is the least used, and is the safest, but longest, way to approach the estate.
6) Power Station: The power station doesn’t get a whole lot of action, but it can still be a dangerous place. Watch out for snipers on the building at number 4, and be wary of running up the central path at number 3, as that tends to end in a flurry of gunfire and a respawn.